December 02, 2013 16:45
UNA Local 301
Rally at Legislature
Municipal Election on Oct 21
On October 21, vote for candidates who support working families.
15th Annual Rainbow Gala
Local 301 is proud to once again sponsor the 15th Annual Rainbow Gala in support of The Rainbow Society. This year it will be held on Friday October 11 at 1830hr. The tickets are $75 each but a Local 301 member can buy a maximum of 2 tickets for $45 each. Come and enjoy this Gala with dinner and entertainment. There is also a silent auction to raise funds for the Rainbow Society.
This Sounds Familiar
Ten good reasons New South Wales nurses and midwives are striking next week
NSWNMA nurses and midwives who work in the Public Health System will be striking and holding a special general meeting next Wednesday July 24.
Here are 10 good reasons nurses and midwives are taking action.
10. We can never do as much as we want to do for our patients.
- 9. We are offended to work for a public system where meeting the budget is more important than safe patient care.
- 8. We do mentally and physically difficult work, but our work is not valued.
- 7. It is unfair that we’re expected to work short-staffed because the Government refuses to put patient safety first.
- 6. Instead of genuinely negotiating with our union, the government is ignoring the profession and the evidence that ratios save lives and save money.
- 5. It doesn’t make sense to base nursing hours/ratios on the current midnight census or include specials in the nursing hours.
- 4. We are sick of worrying about ‘near misses’ that happen because of short staffing.
- 3. We have a professional responsibility to advocate for safe patient care.
- 2. We know if we don’t do something, things will only get worse.
And the no. 1 reason to participate in the NSWNMA strike action:
1. If we do not participate, the Government will view our lack of participation as supporting its position.
And we don’t support its position!
Wear White Wednesday
WEAR WHITE WEDNESDAYS:
One action that the Negotiating Committee is encouraging is for members to participate in “Wear White Wednesdays". We encourage members to wear white scrub tops. Pass on the word. Help build the momentum.
For us, our profession and our patients, residents and clients WEAR WHITE!
Page 1 of 9