- Published: 07 March 2014
March 11 at 1930-2100 in 2F1.04 is Local 301 monthly General meeting. Come out and meet, listen and participate with members and hear what is happening at the University Hospital.
Prior to the meeting there will be an educational from 1800-1900 in 2F1.04 presented by CARNA.
Documentation or Patient Care:
What matters? Why we document? Common Error in Documentation
Presented by Betty McMorrow
- Published: 20 February 2014
- February 12, 2014
- • Met with the Employers February 11 & 12.
- • Discussion centered on the following Articles:
- Article 9 On-call - Areas used, reasons for on-call use
- Article 10 Transportation - parking, required vehicles
- Article 14 Promotions, Transfers, Vacancies - Job postings
- Article 16 Temporary Assignment (In-charge) - Employer proposal to remove RN's from continuing care and subacute settings
- Agreed to some minor language changes.
- • Labour Relations Board hearing February 18th (UNA charged AHS with bargaining in bad faith)
- • Next bargaining dates are March 12 &13.
- In solidarity,
- Heather Smith
- President, UNA
Wear White Wednesday
- Published: 10 February 2014
All across Alberta, Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse jobs are disappearing as the government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services implement staffing changes they call “Workforce Transformation” and the “Clinical Workforce Strategic Plan.”
They’re replacing educated and skilled nurses, whose profession is regulated, with non- professional and unregulated Health Care Aides.
I’m wearing white as a way to show the public and my patients that I’m a Registered Nurse.
I’m wearing white because I’m advocating – for my profession, for my patients, residents and clients, and to protect public health care.”
Local 301 is encouraging our members to participate in Wear White Wednesday. This month on Feb 12, 19 and 26 we will have a table in the north end of the cafeteria from 1100-1400hr. Come down and show us that you are supporting your profession by wearing white and you will receive a small gift. Spread the word and tell your coworkers to wear white as we all stand together.
User accounts deleted
- Published: 03 February 2014
Some user accounts were deleted today due to system maintenance where inactive accounts were deleted. If you are not able to log-in you will need to create a new account. Also make sure you check to see if you are still registered for upcoming events.
We apologize for any inconvenience.